2011年9月19日月曜日

CA Blogging Assignment 1

My topic for the first essay is about the discrimination to Japan from western countries. I am not able to decide either to write it from religious side, or write about it from historical side. The reason I choose this topic is because discriminations to Japan from Western countries was always an interesting topic for me, and I am interested in Japanese religions, and also, because the writings I read in the General Education class, which was written by a british minister in Edo era, had very interesting view about Japan from Western side. However, my idea is quite vague, so I might change my steering later on. My thesis statement is, "Discrimination to Japan still continues, and the first step Japanese should take, is to try to like the country, or at least know the history correctly, but not hating the country blindly".

1 件のコメント:

  1. I think I understand. This is how I would paraphrase your thesis together with your supporting points.

    The people of Japan must overcome continuing discrimination against Japan by other nations by reinforcing a positive attitude toward the country, gaining as accurate a view of Japanese history as possible, and not hating the country blindly.

    If you like this way of expressing the thesis with its supporting points, please feel free to use this sentence to present your thesis and supporting points at or near the end of your introduction paragraph.

    返信削除